Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eating: Anivair Edition

I spent a long time today researching Morning Sickness (which is a bullshit name). I never thought I’d do this much research on this particular topic. In fact, I just always assumed that when a woman got pregnant she would throw up in the morning for a few days and then somehow the rest happens by magic. I blame movies.

What I now know is that this sickness can happen anytime and that sometimes the cure (like crackers or fruit) can make it worse in a lot of ways. I’m going to try to get Traci eating some good fats. Her diet will, ideally, be high fat, low to moderate carb and moderate protein. Everything I’ve read says that should help.

EDIT: Dinner panned out in that way. What does that look like? We hit Chipotle. She had a burrito bowl (the rice is not technically paleo, but it can help settle the stomach and I can think of worse things to eat). She had barbacoa with sour cream (not only a good source of fat, but our Chipotle uses local pastured cream … how great is that?) and a healthy dose of guacamole. I can live with that. Did it help? Hard to say, since we had company over and nobody knows we’re expecting yet, so she had to be quiet about it, but we’ll see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment