Friday, September 9, 2011

Holy Crap: Anivair Edition

Holy crap.

No seriously. Holy crap.

I was super excited when the home test said pregnant. I was even more excited when the doctor confirmed it. I want to say that I knew ahead of time, but really, I “hoped”. I felt like, as a pagan, we should know stuff like this, shouldn’t we? And maybe we did, but we’re both too busy second guessing ourselves to be sure, so what good does that do?

I “felt” like she was pregnant before the test. But it’s hard to say if i was right or hopeful. We did a ritual at home on Tuesday and topok some omens. At first I thought they might be bad: one was about deception and I was afraid it was a sign that we were kidding ourselves, but it didn’t feel that way. Just as I was about to finish the flame of Iris (our Gatekeeper) made a series of sizzling noises and I thought it meant I should draw one more. That one was the God Head: the idea that you need to stay calm and focused and in the moment. Okay. So maybe they were telling us to chill out. I can live with that. But I didn’t do much chilling out after the news from the Doctor. We just spent the rest of the day talkintg about the plans we need to make.

Going through a pregnancy that is as natural as possible, while living paleo as modern pagans makes this a pregnancy and a process very much worth documenting, so I’m looking forward to sharing thoughts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment