Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Simple, fast meals - Magpie Edition

Eating Paleo doesn't have to be hard. It doesn't have to be boring and it doesn't have to be expensive.

I have written several articles about paleo can be done on a budget. But I'm going to make this entry quick and to the point, like lunch today was.

Baconfat: Leftover from cooking bacon.
All beef hot dogs: $7 (pack of eight) - 2 - $1.76
Spinach lettuce: $4 (1lb bulk box) - Handful - $.75
Bag of Cranberries: $3 - 1/8 cup - $.25
Spicy Sweet Mustard: $3 - 2 tablespoons - $.15

Total lunch cost: $2.91

(Total Deliciousness = Awesome)

I had a huge knee-jerk reaction to buying $7 all beef hotdogs. But when I do a break down of price, it's not so expensive as I thought and I got quality food with all natural ingredients.

And, all told this meal took me three minutes to cook.

Warm baconfat and fry all beef hotdogs, grab spinach and cranberries. Spoon some melted baconfat over the spinach, top with spicy mustard. Done.

Delicious, healthy paleo meal, in no time flat!

1 comment: