Monday, July 2, 2012

Lentil Update - Magpie Edition

We had our first ultrasound (u/s from here on out) on June 28th. I was supposed to be around 7 weeks. I was nervous, and it was evident Anivair was as well. Even the doc said he didn't want to wait while he was explaining the possibilities. After a few quiet minutes, he found what was, to me, another dark splotch. I was extremely nervous while he looked around more at the little lentil-sized smudge.

And then, he stopped...and pointed us to the most glorious flicker of light I've ever seen. The heartbeat was not able to be heard yet, but there it was, flickering on as Anivair and I had quite a rush of emotions.


There is the first picture of our little guy or gal. It's still really hard to believe this is a real thing. And likely will be until we can actually make out an actual baby, but everytime I worry it's not real, I just think of that little fluttery heartbeat an the look on Anivair's face when we saw it.

I think it's safe to get excited now!!!

Our little one is due somewhere around Valentine's Day!!!

Now, to try and stay paleo and keep foods down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment